Challenge My Limits 🌊

Sawasdee kha! Here I'll tell you my awesome story when I’d an student exchange in Thailand “Sawasdee Thailand Project with AIESEC In Chulalongkorn University” from the first time looking for project until I come back to Indonesia start from January 13rd until February 29th, 2016.
I first tried to Interview with Thammasat University, but I'm not accepting. Then, I tried to my second Interview with Chulalongkorn University. I really nervous with my Interview... My interviewer’s name is Natalie Schuman, she is from Thai – Germany. During the Interview, she asked me about the project. This project called with Sawasdee wave 16th, it’s talk about Teaching English in Rural Area. Perhaps, you’ll think and ask me why I want Teaching English in Rural Area? The biggest motivation for doing an Internship in Thailand cause i think development Teaching English in Rural Area its still low. So I hope that I can bring the movement for the children to aware about English, to make them know about diversity in the world, and to make them open mind.

After passing my Interview, I prepare everything such as : Documents, materials for Teaching, etc. Next, I'm ready to go into Thailand. Yeeaayyy!!! My first meeting with AIESECer in Thailand when I was arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport. They’re picked me up at Meeting Point, she is Ham and Pam. They're really kind. They help me to bring my luggage to MRT. They accompanies me to go with taxi untill I arrived at The Thrive Hostel.
Next day on 14th January, I met my friend from Gajah Mada University (UGM) Indonesia. She is Nisa and she's staying in the same hostel with me. Anyway guys, my roomate are Korean girls. She is Sujeong Lee and Eunjung Choi. Then, after breakfast with Nisa and Korean girls Nisa and I check out from the hostel to return at the airport to get to the dorm for IPS (International Preparation Camp) for about 3 days at Bangkok University. After we're gathered at the airport, we headed to Van's car. There were many EP (Exchange Participants) come from many countries to join with this project. Finally it's the day for all the interns to be sent in rural place. Wow Amazing !!
I began my project after fourth day from my arrival. I'm Teaching English in Sisaket Province at Baan Duan Yai School. You need to know guys, the trip from Bangkok to Sisaket using a bus takes approximately 12 hours... I teach on Primary School (Rongreiyn Prathm Suksa).
On 18th January, 2016 was the very first day for me to be a real teacher and the real project started. The unforgettable thing at the first day, I've my presentation to introduce about myself and and my students always waved their hand to me as a welcome ceremony to the school. The second day and third day I've fun in drawing and singing. By the way, I teach start from Monday until Friday. The next week, I teach about how to Intoduce yourself and etc. I also teach them to make handicrafts... Extremely excited with them !!
During my stay at Rural Area, I took the time to do some travelling with my host family. My hostfam's name is Mr. Kriangkai Sungsanit. I visited Wat Phrathat Rueang Rong in Mueang Tai with my friend, April. After that, we're go to Big C Supercenter for lunch at KFC. Everyday I just eat chiken or fish (Pla), cause I can't eat pork (Moo). Night was coming, Paul (Father), me and April going to Dyna Steakhouse. While dinner, Paul told me that winter is coming. We can feel and know from the strong winds and very cold. Surely, my weather notification show 17degrees now! My hostfam house at Sirimongkol 5, Sisaket, Thailand. I was very lucky cause I can feel the winter season in thailand and the temperatures up to 8 degrees although no snow here...

Every day I always got hugs and kisses from my students. Most of them can't speak English well. But I just very appreciate to their willing to learn English with me. They come to me bring some English - Thai - Indonesian dictionary just to speak with me. They speak Thai a lot than English because they can't speak English, so I'm trying to understand them by their body language and started to learn Thai basic language to communicate with them. But at least, they come to me and speak Indonesian to speak with me. Then, I was so touched... I am proud to be Indonesian!! I'm deeply afraid that I'll miss my student cause they really smart, active, funny, and cute.
After teaching is time up, every evening Paul and me always pick Mae up at Anuban Sisaket School, because Mae is a teacher. After this, we go to the Suen Heng Plaza for dinner. I come here almost every day guys hahaha...
They always ask for my signature every time I came to the class. Even asked me for facebook, line and other social media. The hard times, when I really want to communicate with them as much as I could but I can‟t, because no one understands to speak English as well. But I'm not worried because there is an English teacher who helped to translate from English deliver to Thai, she is Mrs. Tuktik.
Next, on my second holiday with my hostfam we're visiting Phanomrung Historical Park at Yai Yaem Watthana and Ban Taklang Elephant Village at Krapho. Then we take a dinner at Tesco Lotus to buy Pizza at The Pizza Company at Pho. When I was at home with Mae (Mother), we're playing Mikado Spiel from Hongkong. Then, on evening me, Mae and Paul going to Walk Street Sisaket at Mueang Tai for shopping (Chop chop). Don't forget, we've Evaluation Day about this project at AnubanPayu School at Phayu.
Every day was a tiring day because I should teach more than 3th class in a day and my students always come to me even in a break time haha... After teaching, they will come to me and ask anything about me. They can‟t stop questioning me and somehow it‟s just a funny thing. I always can't wait for tomorrow, to meet my beloved students and play with them. I was trying anything to get closer to them, oh ya they're really like dance and drawing guys ehehe...

On the last week of my teaching, I was learning Indonesian traditional song “Ibu Kita Kartini” with Angklung. Next, student give little memo, stickers, dolls, and flowers for me. I'm deeply afraid that I'll miss my student cause they really smart, active, funny, and cute. I was so touch and feel so blessed to be a part of this project, and starting to love my school and the kids as well.
Finally, this is my third and last holiday with my hostfam. We're going to Wat Sa Kampaeng Yai and Somdet Sri Nagarin Park at Mueng Tai for seeing Sun Flower. I also go to Cafe Amazon to buy Coffe... Before I came back to Indonesia, i took holiday with P'Chaeng and P'Ohm. She pick me up at Phahonyothin Road in NakornChai Air Bus Terminal, Bangkok. Then, we heading to Sukishi BBQ and Black Canyon Caffe at Bangkok Mall.
Thailand always amazes me with everything. I can't stop think of my students, my school, my host family, my teachers and my friends. I love their way to treat me as well !!! Khob kun kha (Thank you) Thailand...

Comments

  1. very interesting experience, can go to exchange to Thailand and share knowledge in other countries

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment